Imelda = Female Warrior
The Imelda Foundation envisions a world where girls of color will have the skills, mindset, and networks to make a positive impact: on their communities, as heads of corporations, in the halls of power, academia, hospitals, board rooms, court rooms, or on stages across the world. These future leaders will THRIVE (not just survive) in the 21st century workforce by leading physically and emotionally healthy, as well as active lives.
The Imelda Foundation empowers underserved girls to become global leaders through leadership development, experiential learning, cultural awareness, and mentorship.
Through mentors, peer networks, cultural awareness activities, experiential learning, and coaching, we will:
- Empower girls of color to succeed as the next generation of diverse women leaders;
- Close the student achievement gap of girls of color by improving their academic performance and increasing their college matriculation;
- Preserve and celebrate Afro-Diasporic and Latin American history and culture by providing a creative outlet, a voice, and exposure to future professional opportunities in the arts;
- Provide opportunities for girls of color to build confidence and self-esteem, in addition to positive and supportive relationships with peer networks and mentors; and
- Encourage girls of color to lead physically and emotionally healthy lives.